This giant complex of created prairies belongs to Erie MetroParks.
The Edison Woods MetroPark was acquired from a poser company, which had earlier acquired the lands for a nuclear power reactor. But the Three Mile Island incident terminated the local project.
After MetroParks acquisition, several hundred acres of former row-crop lands were carefully planted with native tallgrass prairie species. Together, the Edison Wood prairies are among the largest in Ohio.
The prairie meadows exceed 400 acres in a number separate locations.
With approximately 1300 acres of sandstone cliffs, wetlands, woodlands, and meadows, Edison Woods is a giant complex of native habitats, including over 400 acres of tallgrass prairies.
Walking trails are frequent and expansive. See the map in the link above.
Parking, except at the park office on Smokey Road, is limited to roadside berms, so be careful in parking. No restroom facilities or water are available at the site.