On north side of Cleveland Road West (US 6) between Sandusky and Huron, west of Cedar Point Rd.
This created prairie belongs to Erie MetroParks.
The East Bay Preserve Prairie is another of several prairies created in Erie MetroParks East Bay Preserve complex.
The upland prairie meadow portion is approximately 15 acres.
This is a created prairie, using a mixture of Big Bluestem and Indiangrass tallgrasses (with a few other grasses), along with very moderate amounts of native prairie forbs (wildflowers).
The site is traversed by a series of encircling and intersecting walking trails that are kept open by reasonable mowing. A parking area provides access to hiking lanes.
In early settlement times (1820 and 30s), the south shore of the East Bay here was a combination of tallgrass prairie and oak savanna. It was the NE portion of the great Firelands Prairie, terminating at the shore of the East Bay of Sandusky Bay between Sandusky and Huron. See the Ohio Prairie Regions Map.
Visitors are welcome in the site parking lot, with pedestrian access to the walking trails therefrom. No restroom facilities or water are available at the site.