On north side of Cleveland Road West (US 6) between Sandusky and Huron, east of Cedar Point Rd. The meadow is along the south shore of the East Bay of Sandusky Bay.
This created prairie belongs to Erie MetroParks.
The Wyandot Wetland Meadows Preserve was an open row-crop agricultural field many years. It was purchased by Erie MetroParks from external grant funds, and the entire upland area was seeded with native prairie grasses and forbs (wildflowers).
The upland prairie meadow portion is approximately 60 acres.
This is a created prairie, using a mixture of Big Bluestem and Indiangrass tallgrasses (with a few other grasses), along with very moderate amounts of native prairie forbs (wildflowers).
The site is traversed by a series of encircling and intersecting walking trails that are kept open by reasonable mowing. A small gravel lot provides adequate parking an access to the hiking lanes.
In early settlement times (1820 and 30s), the south shore of the East Bay here was a combination of tallgrass prairie and oak savanna. It was the NE portion of the great Firelands Prairie, terminating at the shore of the East Bay of Sandusky Bay between Sandusky and Huron. See the Ohio Prairie Regions Map.
Visitors are welcome in the site parking lot, with pedestrian access to the walking trails therefrom. No restroom facilities or water are available at the site.
Large created prairie meadow along south shore of Sandusky Bay, with pleasant hiking paths.