Ohio Prairie Hall of Fame
Ohio Prairie Association
Ohio Prairie FAQs
Ohio Prairies to Visit
Ohio Prairie Plants Info
Ohio Prairies Each Season
Mission & Vision Statements
Officers & Board Members
Become a Member
Prairie Regions of Ohio
New Prairie Plant Names
Go to OPA Facebook page
Persistence of Ohio Prairies
1978 Ohio Prairies Report
Page 1 FAQs
1. Are Prairies In Ohio?
2. What’s a Real Prairie?
4. Why Are Prairies in Ohio?
5. What Was This Long, Dry Period in Ohio?
6. Why Did Native Americans Burn Much of the Landscape?
7. Why Did Native Americans Burn the Prairies?
8. Doesn’t Frequent Fire Destroy the Prairie Plants?
9. How Can Prairie Plants Survive Frequent Fires?
10. What Happens to a Prairie Plant That Gets Grazed by Large Animals?
11. Is There Anything Prairie Plants Can’t Survive?
12. Ohio Still Has Prairie Plants. How Did These Survive into the Modern World?
Page 2 FAQs
13. How Much of Ohio Was Prairie Before Europeans Took Over?
14. If Ohio Prairies Were Destroyed Before 1900, How Can We Be Sure Where They Were?
15. Where Were These Great Ohio Prairies?
16. How Can We Know What Plants Were On Original Ohio Prairies?
17. What Kinds of Prairie Existed in Ohio?
18. Is a Savanna a Type of Prairie?
19. Weren’t Most Ohio Prairie Fires Set Naturally By Lightning, Not Humans?
Page 3 FAQs
20. What Animals Lived on Ohio Prairies?
21. What Birds Were Found on Ohio Prairies?
22. How Does the Prairie Change During the Year?
Questions (FAQs) About Ohio Prairies
Prairies are Unique Plant Communities
Get answers to prairie questions.
Click on the FAQ Pages below.
For example, “Why did Native Americans burn the prairies?” (FAQ No. 7)
OPA FAQ Page 1 OPA FAQ Page 2 OPA FAQ Page 3